SMALL GROUP TOURS OVERVIEW
Enjoy a more in-depth trip to Northern Britain - at a slower pace with more time to experience the beauty, wonders & culinary delights of your chosen region(s) to visit.
On a small group tour with Northern Secrets you’ll enjoy an intimate & authentic visitor experience with a guaranteed group-size of no more than 18 passengers. Our small ship tours offer expedition/wildlife cruises on intimate ships of no more than 11 passengers. You will travel with like-minded people and will be accompanied by knowledgeable & professional drivers and/or tour guide (sometimes driver/guides). Our small ship experiences enjoy the exclusive opportunity of having the captain to give you insight on the adventures ahead. On some cruises we have expert wildlife or photography guides onboard.
We carefully plan our tour itineraries, hand-pick local suppliers & search smaller, more charming accommodations to create a diverse range of unique small-group itineraries to Northern Britain. All land-based tours include mini-coach or minivan transport giving you the opportunity to travel off-the-beaten-track & taking in locations unreachable in larger vehicles.
- Local team giving expert advice & dedicated to the highest personal customer service
- Accommodation in smaller hotels or bed & breakfasts
- Fully cooked English breakfast each morning & evening dining on selected itineraries/evenings
- Small cruise ship experiences include drinks packages & equipment (e.g. kayaks) usage free-of-charge
- Smaller mini-coaches to get more off the beaten track
- Travel the road less well-trodden & gain insight into a more authentic Britain
- Services of a local, knowledgeable tourist guide / tour manager
- Immersive & comprehensive sightseeing and experience programs
- Authentic local experiences & cuisine for a true taste of Northern Britain
- Including our flexible Fair Pricing & Book with Confidence policies
- Financial security for all monies paid, giving you peace of mind
- Maximum of 18 guests (11 on small cruise ship tours) for a more intimate group environment
SIGNATURE SMALL GROUP TOURS
Welcome to our Signature Tours, where you can immerse yourself in the regions you are visiting - for our Signature range, we’ve hand-picked our accommodation providers to bring you extra character, authenticity, convenience and comfort, whether in a small B&B or a 5-star country house hotel. Our small group tours always include more intimate and off the beaten path experiences.
Be surprised, be immersed & feel the authentic small group tours travel experience throughout your tour.
A journey shared is an experience doubled - and on a signature tours you will be able to explore your chosen destinations with our qualified multi-lingual local tourist guides. Discover the must-see places & lesser-known sights to give you a authentic travel experience.
ACTIVE SMALL GROUP TOURS
Our Acitve small group tours take you to some of the most breathtaking places in Northern England & Scotland!
These small group tours can include hiking, walking, cycling as well as special interest tasting experiences.
Discover a Hadrian's Wall on a 4-day cycling journey or experience a whisky tour to Scotland's Western Isles... Why not explore the English Lake District on a hiking vacation? Take a look at some of our active tour options below (and more will follow in the near future - follow us on Facebook, Instagram or any other of our social channels and be the first to know).
SMALL GROUP CRUISES
We have partnered with some fantastic suppliers to bring you Scottish wildlife & expedition cruises of a lifetime! Our small group tours on these cruise ships are so intimate, we can anchor in the most sheltered, idyllic places, in some of Scotland's world famous islands such as Skye, St Kilda, Mull, Jura, Islay, Staffa and Iona.
You can observe the wildlife, swim in the sea lochs, play golf, visit famous malt whisky distilleries or just go ashore and explore at leisure.
We spot some incredible wildlife such as soaring sea & golden eagles, basking sharks, killer whales (even humpbacks!), dolphins, seabirds as well as common & grey seals. Join us!