BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE
Northern England is a place of unique character and Britain’s hidden gem ranging from unspoilt sandy beaches and breathtaking countryside to vibrant cities rich in culture and history.
The Northern reaches of England are home to 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, 5 national parks and almost endless world-class museums, stately homes & gardens…
Discover more on a personalised tour with Northern Secrets. Our tour options include:
- guided city tours of Newcastle, Liverpool, York, Durham & more
- escorted small group vacations within Northumbria or North West England
- group tours for Group Travel Organisers
- hiking tours & trips along Hadrian's Wall
- tours to Hogwarts (Alnwick Castle) or Holy Island in Northumberland
- themed trips (gardens, historical, musical)
- Northern England multi-day trips
- Custom arrangements throughout Northern England
CITIES OF NORTHERN ENGLAND
Explore the cities that powered the Industrial Revolution and inspired the world – Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Bradford or Leeds all have their stories to tell…
The cities today boast music, culture, cosmopolitan flair and annual festivals. The architecture in each city is stunning – and very different from each other…
The urban regeneration that has transformed these cities is awe-inspiring. Why not create your bespoke city break or include an urban diversion into your countryside adventure?
- city breaks & tours for individual travellers
- city tours for groups
- historical, contemporary & future aspects within every guided tour or escorted trip to Northern England
- Experience custom city adventures built for you
TRANQUIL NORTHERN ENGLAND
Spectacular landscapes such as The English Lake District, a haven for poets, writers and artists – and no wonder - what a spectacular experience.
Durham Dales, one of our personal favourites, boasts some of the world’s largest array of heather moorland - truly stunning!
The Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors are simply beautiful and with the historic city of York nestled right between them, an easy visit.
- hiking vacations throughout Northern England (e.g. Hadrian's Wall, North Pennines or Lake District)
- Northern England bike tours
- bespoke coach tours for group travel organisers
- small group tours through landscapes of Northern England
- eco tourism options within Northern England
- discover special interest multi-day tours such as literary, photography or art classes
- explore the real England in England's Northern regions
THE WILD SIDE OF THE NORTH
The Northumberland coastline has to be one of the most spectacular in Britain – golden sandy beaches, an array of huge ancient castles, an abundance of wildlife including one of the largest puffin colonies in the country. Experience a small boat ride to the remote Farne Islands and get up-close to some magnificent birds, seals and, with a bit of luck, whales and dolphins.
Discover the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, cradle of English Christianity and the homes of the famous Celtic saints.
Or why not visit Bamburgh, former capital of the Kingdom of Northumbria? Bamburgh Castle, owned by the famous Armstrong family, has stood guard above the spectacular Northumberland coastline for over 1,400 years and is today one of the largest inhabited castles in the country.
- historical tours within Northern England
- wildlife tours
- themed tours & trips for individuals, small groups & coach groups
FAMILY ADVENTURES IN NORTHERN ENGLAND
A family adventure awaits in one of the many beautiful market towns of Northumberland. Alnwick Castle is the largest inhabited castle outside Windsor!
The castle has been seen throughout the world in many Hollywood blockbusters such as Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Transformers: The Last Knight or, probably most famously, as Hogwarts in the initial two Harry Potter movies. It is also known as Brancaster Castle to any Downton Abbey fan.
The contemporary Alnwick Gardens feature one of the largest treehouses in the world as well as a stunning water cascade as its centrepiece.
Experience a fabulous day at the home of the Duke & Duchess of Northumberland.
- family adventure tours in Northern England
- active tours - cycling, family activities, sea kayak
- custom private journeys created for families in Northern England
If you are looking for more information on our regions, please feel free to get in touch with us at anytime.
Alternatively, we have put together a few helpful links to external websites for you to explore more about the regions we love: