BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE
Northern England is a place of unique character and Britain’s hidden gem ranging from unspoilt sandy beaches and breathtaking countryside to vibrant cities rich in culture and history.
Northern England is home to 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, 5 national parks and fantastic cities, towns & landscapes with world-class galleries, museums, stately homes & gardens…
If you are already planning to discover this great region, why not experience it with a personalised tour with us. Discover:
- guided city tours of Newcastle, Liverpool, York, Durham & more
- escorted small group vacations to Northern England
- Northern England group tours dedicated to Group Travel Organisers
- hiking tours along Hadrian's Wall
- tours to Hogwarts (Alnwick Castle) or Holy Island in Northumberland
- themed trips (gardens, historical, musical)
CITIES OF NORTHERN ENGLAND
Explore the cities that powered the Industrial Revolution and inspired the world – Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Bradford or Leeds all have their own individual stories to tell…
The cities today boast music, culture, cosmopolitan flair and annual festivals. The architecture in each city is stunning – and very unique!
Discover urban regeneration at its finest with transformed cities to awe-inspiring hubs of culture & design! Why not base yourself in one of our cities and branch out to explore the wider countryside? We offer:
- city accommodation & guided tours for individual travellers & groups
- historical, contemporary & future aspects within every guided tour or escorted trip to Northern England
- custom itineraries built for you and your party
Spectacular landscapes such as The English Lake District, a haven for poets, writers and artists – and no wonder - what a spectacular experience.
Durham Dales, one of our personal favourites, boasts some of the world’s largest array of heather moorland - truly stunning!
The Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors are simply beautiful and with the historic city of York nestled right between them, an easy visit.
- private hiking vacations throughout Northern England (e.g. Hadrian's Wall, North Pennines or Lake District)
- Northern England bike tours
- bespoke Northern England coach tours for group travel organisers
- small group tours of Northern England (incl. eco-friendly tours)
- special interest multi-day tours such as literary, photography or art classes
A MECCA FOR WILDLIFE
The Northumberland coastline has to be one of the most spectacular in Britain – golden sandy beaches, an array of huge ancient castles, an abundance of wildlife including one of the largest puffin colonies in the country. Experience a small boat ride to the remote Farne Islands and get up-close to some magnificent birds, seals and, with a bit of luck, whales and dolphins.
Discover the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, cradle of English Christianity and the homes of the famous Celtic saints.
Or why not visit Bamburgh, former capital of the Kingdom of Northumbria? Bamburgh Castle, owned by the famous Armstrong family, has stood guard above the spectacular Northumberland coastline for over 1,400 years and is today one of the largest inhabited castles in the country.
- combination of historical & wildlife tours
- themed tours & trips for individuals, small groups & coach groups
A family adventure awaits in one of the many beautiful market towns of Northumberland. Alnwick Castle is the largest inhabited castle outside Windsor!
The castle has been seen throughout the world in many Hollywood blockbusters such as Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Transformers: The Last Knight or, probably most famously, as Hogwarts in the initial two Harry Potter movies. It is also known as Brancaster Castle to any Downton Abbey fan.
The contemporary Alnwick Gardens feature one of the largest treehouses in the world as well as a stunning water cascade as its centrepiece.
Experience a fabulous day at the home of the Duke & Duchess of Northumberland. This is only one example of the many options for you and your family on a tour to Northern England. Let us create:
- family adventure tours to Northern England
- active vacations & tours - cycling, family activities, sea kayak and more
- a private journey created purely for your family
If you are looking for more information on our regions, please feel free to get in touch with us at anytime.
Alternatively, we have put together a few helpful links to external websites for you to explore more about the regions we love: